1. What is the OptionPay Payment Card Program?
The OptionPay Payment Card is a prepaid or “closed loop” virtual card that can be used to purchase merchandise and services from participating merchants.
2. What makes the OptionPay Payment Card program different from other gift cards or gift certificates?
Unlike a store gift card or certificate, which will be accepted only by the retailer that issued it, OptionPay Payment Cards are accepted in more than one store and in more than one shopping location.
The OptionPay Payment Card has no customer service fees, no monthly maintenance fees, no hidden deductions and no expiration of funds. A one time, card load fee, applies where applicable by law. For fees details please see details at www.OptionPay.ca/tiered-rate-table.php
3. Is the OptionPay Payment Card a credit card?
No, the OptionPay Payment Card is a prepaid card that is “loaded” for a predetermined amount by our clients.
4. How much money can I put on an OptionPay Payment Card?
You can purchase OptionPay Payment Cards in any dollar amount you choose from $1 to $30,000.00.
5.Can the OptionPay Payment Cards be purchased online?
The OptionPay Payment Cards must be purchased on line at participating merchants or on line at www.OptionPay.ca.
6. Can I give the OptionPay Payment Card to someone under the age of 18?
Yes, you can give the OptionPay Payment Card to anyone you choose.
7. Where can I redeem the OptionPay Payment Card?
Your OptionPay Payment Card can be used to purchase merchandise and services from participating merchants on the merchant acceptance list. For a full list of participating merchants please go to https://www.optionpay.ca/online-shopping-mall.php.
8. Where do I purchase an OptionPay Payment Card?
You can purchase an OptionPay Payment Card at any of the OptionPay participating merchants. All participating merchants can accept Cash, American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Debit Cards as payment for an OptionPay Payment Card. If the purchase is made with a credit card, you may be asked to provide a valid government issued photo identification (health card not accepted).
9. What are the fees to purchase an OptionPay Payment Card?
When purchasing an OptionPay Payment Card, there is an upfront, one-time fee per payment card. There are no additional fees after purchase, no customer service fees, as well as no monthly maintenance fees – as a result, once you have purchased the OptionPay Payment Card you will receive full use of 100% of the funds available on your payment card.
10. Where can I find the terms and conditions for the OptionPay Payment Card?
11. Can I purchase a bulk order?
No, bulk orders are not available at this time.
12. Can I cancel or get a refund for the purchase of an OptionPay Payment Card?
Yes, refunds must be performed at the original location of the purchase of the product or service.
13. Can I buy an OptionPay Payment Card for myself?
Yes. An OptionPay Payment Card can be a useful tool for managing your money.
14. Can OptionPay ship or mail an OptionPay Payment Card to a recipient or to me at the time of purchase?
No, OptionPay does not ship or mail cards to a recipient. Only the purchaser at time of purchase will be given the virtual payment card.
15. When is the OptionPay Payment Card Activated?
The OptionPay Payment Card is generally active the moment it is purchased; however in some cases it may take up to 4 hours for the funds to be available.
16. What if I want to buy something that costs more than the value of the OptionPay Payment Card?
When using your OptionPay Payment Card to make a purchase that is greater than the amount on the card, the value of your OptionPay Payment Card can be combined with cash when you are making a purchase. At the option of each merchant, the value of your OptionPay Payment Card may also be combined with a credit or debit card when you are making a purchase. If you don't tell the cashier or merchant the correct balance on the card and try to make a purchase for more than the amount on the OptionPay Payment Card, the transaction will be declined because you don't have enough money on your OptionPay Payment Card.
17. Can I use my OptionPay Payment Card at more than one merchant?
Yes, as long as there are sufficient funds on the OptionPay Payment Card.
18. Can I add more money to the OptionPay Payment Card?
No, but you can purchase a new OptionPay Payment Card.
19. How long can I use the OptionPay Payment Card?
You can use your OptionPay Payment Card until funds on the card are reduced to zero. Available funds on the card do not expire.
20. What happens if I need to return something I purchased with my OptionPay Payment Card?
It is important to remember that merchandise return and refund policies vary by merchant.
21. How will I know the original value of my OptionPay Payment Card?
The original value will be written on the receipt provided at the time of purchase.